Training and development programs offer companies an opportunity to expand the knowledge employees while building commitment to the organization. There are a multitude of offerings to enhance L&D initiatives including training/coaching programs, mentoring, individual studies and on-the-job learning from managers and leadership.
Learning & Development Survey Results:
In early September of this year we surveyed members of the Post’d Network and collaborated with Seed + Branch on their research on the importance of “Learning & Development” in organizations. Following are the results and learnings.
The survey respondents were largely HR/People Generalists with 10+ years of experience, with the majority representing growth stage organizations with 100+ employees.
- Individuals were generally satisfied in their roles and felt there could be improvements with
increased resources and budgets (majority scoring between 4 & 7 on lack of budget)
- Majority said the company prioritizes L&D, but felt that L&D would be their top investment if money weren’t an object (money was the top reason for lack of investment)
- Mid-Level Managers were least supported, but Senior to Upper Management were most critical to success
- Major challenges were: Retention, L&D, Processes & Specifically Soft Skill Development
- Most Important Topics: Goal and Role Clarity followed by Communication
Top 5 areas for Manager to Improve:
- Communication & Feedback
- Professional Development
- Goal/Priority Alignment
- Job / Role Clarity
- Career Path
- Improved employee performance and productivity
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Increased innovation and strategic planning
- Increased retention
- Enhanced company reputation